- A couple of salmon fillets
- 3 T Soy sauce
- 3 T Mirin
- 2+ cloves garlic
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger
For the cucumber salad
- A small cucumber
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/2 t caster sugar
- 1 T sesame seeds
- Put the fillets in a plastic container or bowl and pour over the soy sauce and mirin.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and put them in too.
- Mix it all up and stick in the fridge.
- Put some rice on to cook.
- Slice the cucumber into wide, thin ribbons.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Combine the seeds with the rest of the dressing ingredients and toss with the cucumber. Stick it in the fridge.
- Heat some neutral oil in the pan and put the fillets on for a couple of minutes each side (until nice and crispy).
- Take the fillets out deglaze the pan with the rest of the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the fillets, and serve with the rice and salad.